POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : which format? : Re: which format? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: which format?
From: Slime
Date: 30 Sep 2002 18:37:13
Message: <3d98d219$1@news.povray.org>
> Whats the best format for putting a small anim (say 25k) to play on a web
> page? i thought maybe a animated giff but is there a better format?

25KB is the file size of a medium image. If the animation only has a few
frames, then an animated gif might be best for an animation so small. But an
animation with 10 or more frames will likely exceed this filesize. If it has
over 50-100 frames or so, I'd say use MPEG.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]